Through Community Services of Ben Hill County, eligible families may apply for financial assistance to help pay heating or cooling costs.
Regular Energy Assistance
Community Services will issue checks to the utility provider(s) to offset utility costs for eligible households.
- Households with income up to 150% of the poverty level:
- One-person household $14,355
- Two-person household $19,245
- Three-person household $24,135
- Four-person household $29,025
- Responsible for paying their household's utility bills.
- Priority: Homebound households and elderly 65 years and older.
- Based on household income, a one-time benefit of either $174 or $220
- If the Department of Human Resources declared a weather-related crisis in any part of the state or additional funds are required, more aid may be authorized.
To contact Community Service of Ben Hill county, please call 229-426-5177.